Our IT and Media Production courses are aimed at students who are keen to develop their skills for a variety of careers in this diverse and fast-growing sector. Skills shortages in key areas of the digital economy mean there are many different IT careers available for learners who gain the relevant qualifications and experience.
You will have access to up-to-date hardware and software, as well as several Apple Mac suites in the Loughborough College Arts Academy.
According to Tech Nation's Report in 2018, the UK digital tech sector is worth nearly £184bn to the economy, a rise from £170bn in 2016. The turnover of digital technology companies grew by 4.5% between 2016 and 2017, compared with 1.7% growth in UK GDP. The UK's tech sector is currently estimated to be growing almost three times faster than the rest of the economy.
- Level 1 Certificate in Exploring the Creative Arts and Media SectorsFTLevel 11 Year
- Level 1 Diploma in Computing and Media ProductionFTLevel 11 Year
- BTEC First in Creative and Information Technology Extended CertificateFTLevel 21 Year
- BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Creative Digital Media ProductionFTLevel 21 Year
- Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 in ICTFTLevel 2
- A Level in Media StudiesFTPTLevel 32 Years
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) in IT ProfessionalsFTLevel 32 Years
- BTEC Level 3 in Film and TVFTLevel 32 Years
- BTEC Level 3 in Games DevelopmentFTLevel 32 Years
- BTEC Level 3 in IT and BusinessFTLevel 32 Years
- BTEC Level 3 in Networking and Cyber SecurityFTLevel 32 Years
- Level 3 Diploma in Games, Animation and VFX SkillsFTLevel 32 Years
- Higher National Certificate/Diploma (HNC/HND) in ComputingFTLevel 52 Years
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Creative Media Production (Game Development)FTLevel 52 Years
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.